Today I wanted to share with you an article that is so well-written and answers many of the questions I get asked frequently. It was written by the owner of Lion In The Sun Paperie in Park Slope, Brooklyn and appeared in The Huffington Post Weddings section on April 20, 2012.
In my opinion it’s an important read for anyone looking to make a stationery/invitation purchase. Here are the highlights but please follow the link to read the article in full here.
10 Things You Should Never Say To Your Stationer
1. ”They are just going to end up in the garbage anyway”
2. ”It’s only paper, why is it so expensive?”
3. ”I could do that myself on my home computer and print it.”
4. ”Can you just make me one and I can just photocopy or email a scan of it to everyone?”
5. ”I know I approved the proof, but we changed the time of the wedding.”
6. ”But we only need eight more invitations.”
7. ”I left the invitations in the trunk of my car and then went to the car wash” or “We were drinking red wine while assembling the invitations…”
8. “We’ve addressed all our envelopes already, but I mail-merged the guest list incorrectly and all the zip codes are incorrect, what do you mean you don’t check each of our guests’ zip codes for us?”
9. ”I sealed the envelopes and I realized I forgot to stamp the reply cards” or “We just used regular postage and dropped them in the mailbox on the street.”
10. ”We would like to put ‘monetary gift only’ on the invitation.”